Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch

Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, WitchGood Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch by Terry Pratchett

This book has been on my TBR list for YEARS, and with the upcoming release of the TV series on Prime, I figured I'd better finally get around to it so I could enjoy the book before watching the show.

Oh boy, I should not have waited so long. If this is on your TBR & you like that hilarious whimsy that British fantasy writers have a particular knack for, with a generous splash of religious mythology, move this book to the top of the pile. It's fantastic.

I won't be going into the plot too much to avoid spoilers, but I most definitely have a little bit of a crush on Crowley - and not just because he's being played by David Tennant in the show (squee!) - and I want to be best friends with Arizaphale, if for no other reason than all those antique books. There's a whole host of characters beyond our main two, the horsemen of the apocolypse are particularly well done, the satanic order of nuns is so funny, and Adam is just right. This book made me love the world I live in just a little bit more, flaws and all.

In other news, I have recently acquired two new houseplants - one is an English Ivy and the other a Pothos or "devil's ivy." I have named them Arizaphale & Crowley respectively. They hang in my south facing windows, maintaining the balance.

Comments