The Faraway Inn

The Faraway Inn

The Faraway Inn by Sarah Beth Durst
 
What a fun, cozy read this turned out to be! When 17 year Calisa travels to remote Vermont to help her aunt run an inn for the summer, she discovers a run-down remnant of what used to be and a grumpy aunt who doesn't seem to want her around. Undeterred, she looks for the problems she can solve, takes initiative, and helps herself in the process.

It's been a minute since I read a YA book that I enjoyed quite this much. In addition to an overall cozy vibe, there's a lot of whimsical small magics that add so much color and character to the inn. Plus moments in the kitchen cooking up yummy sounding food, alongside a wonderful portrayal of self determination for teen readers.

I would definitely recommend this for teen fantasy readers, as well as any reader who enjoys portal fantasy, cozy magic, or stories about restoring a place that feels like home.

Comments