Breeze Spells and Bridegrooms

Breeze Spells and BridegroomsBreeze Spells and Bridegrooms by Sarah Wallace & S.O. Callahan

I was highly anticipating this book, and it absolutely met my expectations! I've read solo works by both Wallace & Callahan, and was very interested in seeing what they came up with working together. The result is an alternate regency era London in which the fae and humans live alongside one another cordially, though not yet entirely integrated as one society.

Our MC's are perfectly flawed individuals, each in their own way, and I couldn't help but root for them, and the way they learn to really see each other during one whirlwind of a London season. I also enjoyed the cozy academic vibes, and the discussions on the difference in the fae and human magic systems at play. I also really appreciated how the writers managed to create a world with some built in inequality, and then very thoughtfully found ways for our characters to be aware of it and try to address it in the course of the story, all while keeping the overall feel of the book as a cozy read. And, I have to mention for fans of Bridgerton, there are some definite Lady Whistledown moments in the form of a meddling gossip columnist that I thought were really fun too.

Admittedly, this book came to me at just the right time, as three out of my last four reads have been fae/human romances. But even with that in mind, I can safely say it is a wonderfully cozy and thoughtful read from a duo that I hope to see more from in the future!

Comments