One Good Turn (Meddle & Mend #2)

One Good Turn (Meddle & Mend #2)One Good Turn by Sarah Wallace

I'd been jonesing for a simple, cozy read, and so when I got a copy of this book, I gobbled it right up in one sitting. It was exactly what it promised, another Meddle & Mend installment set in a regency-adjacent London where magic is real and society has embraced all genders and orientations. I really love the world Wallace has created because it embraces the thinking that 'if this is fiction anyway, why can't I dream of a different world?'.

This book follows Nell, who is more of an Artful Dodger character (as opposed to all the society characters we met in Letters to Half Moon Street). Nell is pragmatic, matter-of-fact, and doesn't like when people beat around the bush too much. While I did love the epistolary style of the first book, I found it interesting how Wallace adapted her author voice to fall more in line with our MC's way of existing. Nell was refreshingly uncomplicated.

Another of Wallace's strengths is having lots of intriguing secondary characters. My most favorite bits of One Good Turn were the ones with Lord Finlington in them. And Pip was a new character in this story that I'm definitely hoping to see more from in the future!

Fans of cozy fantasy like Baldree's Legends & Lattes will enjoy the Meddle & Mend series, along with anyone who is just looking for a gentle read with some great characters to follow and enjoy. 
 

Comments