Meat Cute: The Hedgehog Incident

Meat Cute: The Hedgehog Incident (Parasol Protectorate, #0)Meat Cute: The Hedgehog Incident by Gail Carriger

THIS STORY IS SO MUCH FUN! Not that I should be surprised, just about everything this author-beast writes is great.

This book came at the perfect time, I had just finished two heavier books that underwhelmed me during the first part of the month, and then -bam!- this little book is getting delivered to my kindle app promising to bring some cheer to my month's reading round up.

We FINALLY learn about the infamous hedgehog incident. It's adorable, Connal in particular is so endearing in his big Scottish way.

Alexia is of course un-phased by anything, and it's why we love her. It's been a while since I read Soulless et. al, and I enjoyed seeing Alexia before her elevated status being just as Alexia as ever.

*tiny spoiler warning*

One thing I did not expect were cameos from Soap & Sophronia (though they are unnamed, it's 100% them). And that seriously made me happy. After the Finishing School series we hardly see them, and I know it's because of the nature of their chosen professions, but I've always been so curious about how their lives went. This gave us a little glimpse, and it warmed my heart entirely.

Comments